Friday 7 October 2011

How do I use my British Wii in Canada?

I have brought my UK-bought Wii to Canada in the hope that I will be able to use it. I am happy to play British games so the two issues I face are:



1. Power supply

If I just buy a Canadian AC adaptor will it work or is it more complicated than this?



2. TV

I have a Canadian TV. Will the Wii work with it or does it need some kind of adaptor to change the format of the picture?



Any help is much appreciated.
How do I use my British Wii in Canada?
ah....for that, you will need a little something called Freeloader.



Basicly, it lets you use region-coded games on other region consoles. For example, you could play US Wii games on a JP Wii and so on.



Here's a link i got for you to buy Freeloader for European Wiis: http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii-F鈥?/a>



I'm not really sure how it works but it comes with instructions. Also, it may not work depending on what Wii firmware you have. If you have 3.3 or higher, Freeloader wont work on your Wii. If you dont know what firmware you have, you can check which one you have here: http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/articl鈥?/a>



Also, nothing will happen if you buy a canadian adaptor. And a Canadian TV is no problem. The Wii should still work.



Hope I helped!
How do I use my British Wii in Canada?
the wii may not work cause wii is made, no wii with work from country to country its a regional thing. Sorry \%26gt;^%26lt;/