Friday 7 October 2011

Transferring photos from power 2 go?

I backed up my computer photo folder on a DVD disk using %26quot;Cyberlink Power 2 go%26quot; software which was pre-installed on my computer, I accidentally deleted one of the photos on my computer, so I tried to re-install it from my backed up copy, when I managed to copy the photo back onto my computer it was saved in the power 2 go format, and could only be viewed on the power 2 go viewer - I want to get rid of the power 2 go software, and get something else, but how do I change the pictures format so I can view it in the %26quot;Windows Picture and Fax Viewer%26quot; as this is what I use to view all my other photos on ?
Transferring photos from power 2 go?
Use search engine (eg Google) to find a Format Converter (to convert from Cyberlink into JPEG).



In future, I recommend avoiding the use of 'back-up' software for your data files and simply use Windows 'copy' to drag duplicates to a second disk drive.



In the case of Photo's (where quality can be destroyed by image edit packages) I suggest that you burn copies to CD/DVD as soon as you have loaded them onto the PC from the Camera card.



As you have discovered, a number of 'free demo' packages have ways of forcing your to pay for the 'Pro' version .. (sometimes the only way to avoid s/w that comes 'bundled' with your new PC is never to install them at all - for example Dell's include 3 months 'free trial' of Norton AV - but you will find it almost impossible to remove Norton after the 3 months .. so when your new Dell first powers on and the Norton Installer starts, Alt-Ctrl-Del, 'end task' and then go %26amp; manually delete all the Norton folders)