Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change the picture format on my laptop? My pics are elongated!?

Hi there,


The question is said mainly in the title I have an acer aspire 4520 windows xp laptop and I want to change the picture as it seems elongated- I am not entirely computer queen so if anyone knows the answer would be greatly appreciated- thanks!!!! annette xxxx|||Hi





right click on an empty part your desktop


left click on properties


display properties box will come on


left click on settings


now use the screen resolution slider to pick the correct one for you


on mine it is 1280 by 768 pixels to make things normal on my new flat screen monitor


try different settings till you are happy


just make a note of what it is before you alter anything


then you can always put it back to what it was


you cannot hurt anything or do any harm


so do not be afraid to try





hope this helps|||controle panel, then look for graphics, you should be able to change the resolution. Or do a search on your cmputer for graphics.|||Right click anywhere on the desktop and select properties. Select the last tab Settings and adjust your screen resolution.|||Allan O Answers your question perfectly