Friday 16 September 2011

How can I change around 170 pictures in .tga format to .gif format?

I want to change around 170 pictures I got from a video using a program called virtual dub which makes your videos pictures. This put them in .tga format. How do I change these in .gif format so I can make an animated gif. What program can I use. I don't want to open every one in Paint.Net and save as .gif that would take hours.
How can I change around 170 pictures in .tga format to .gif format?
If you know programming, you can download a library that converts images from tga to gif and make the program converts them in a sequence. If you don't know programming, I can make it for you. E-mail me:

wrackedcorp@yahoo.com
How can I change around 170 pictures in .tga format to .gif format?
ImageMagick is a set of command line tools for working with image files. There are gui front-ends but...



I would say convert handles both tga and gif format so make a batch file which calls convert for each instance of tga files and you can ignore it for the ten or so minutes, though of course it will probably take you longer than that to write unless the only differentiation between the filenames is a numeral.



I'm on linux and have done shell scripts instead of batch files for years but AFAICR it might look something like:



convert filename000%counter%.tga filename000%counter%gif.