Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the format of movies that I took with my digital camera?

I got a new digital camera and whenever I put the video from it onto the computer it puts it as a .mov the problem is, the video editing program I have wont take .mov but everytime I try to change the format by just renaming it, I get picture but no sound. no matter what format I choose. Is there a way to change the format and still have picture and sound?
How do I change the format of movies that I took with my digital camera?
You actually have to convert them from one format to another. If you only need to do a few, and they're not too big, you can convert them from .mov to about 10 other formats using Zamzar, a web-based tool:

http://zamzar.com



Otherwise, RAD Video tools is a freeware program that will convert from .mov:

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
How do I change the format of movies that I took with my digital camera?
your camera proablly dont have sound on movies. A lot of people are gettin tricked because it jus has motion movies without sound. If it does have sound. go on limewire or ares and download a movie converter.
You can't change the format just by renaming it, you'll just corrupt the file. What video editing program do you have?
First, check to see if that is the only format your cam records in, most cameras will record in .mpeg. If you cahnge the extension, you are not changing the format, just confusing your computer. Windows Movie Maker will change the format to .wmv, and most people have it on their system. It's a freebie from Microsoft, which means it works, but not always quickly or well, so be forewarned.
  • ie hosted control
  • comparison between
  •