Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I make a picture format from bmp to jpeg?

I just made a 360 page and I want at least one real photo of me it it. I have pictures of me, but it can not be placed because it is wrong format. How do I change it to jpeg? I have my pictures on a site called shutterfly(it is a photo site where you can order albums, pics, etc). I transferred them to my hard drive from there, but it always ends up in bmp format. How can I make it into jpeg? Thank you!
How do I make a picture format from bmp to jpeg?
Open them in MS Paint (or a similar program) and then save as jpg.
How do I make a picture format from bmp to jpeg?
changing file extension will NOT change the file type.



it'll most likely give you an error while opening the file, or it will just be saved as filename.jpg.bmp which is really a bmp file that *looks* like a jpg file



you can use ms paint, if you have winxp, to save the file as jpeg.
I think you need Photoshop or some other full fledged photo editing program. That crap that comes with the new printer is useless. In photoshop you can open the photo, then resave it as a JPEG, TIFF or whatever.
right click it, hit rename, the rename it whatever.jpg. It'll work. Try it.



*Edit* To the guy below me, did you try it? You don't get an error while opening it. It opens fine. And if you have your explorer set to show all files, renaming to filename.jpg will NOT save it as a .bmp.jpg. It changes file type and associations. Search your computer for a bmp. Rename it it (with show all files enabled) to .jpg. Watch the icon. It will change to the icon for your jpg filetype. So YES, it does work. You should try something that simple before running your mouth if you don't know.
go to www.imageshack.us and you can do it there or just save the pic on your computer under %26quot;my picytures%26quot; and transfer them from there