Saturday 24 September 2011

All of my pictures have been changed to JPEG format and I can't view them anymore, how do I change them back?

I dont know what happened, it may have been from %26quot;Microsoft Digital Image Suite%26quot; that I installed, but I can't view my photos on any program or just in general. Is there any way I can change them back so I can view them? I can't see them online either when they are up loaded. Its not a huge deal, but its bothering me so if anyone could help.... I would be so happy! Thnx
All of my pictures have been changed to JPEG format and I can't view them anymore, how do I change them back?
That's weird - JPEG is usually a good format. Regardless, whenver something like that happens to me, I open the images up in %26quot;Paint,%26quot; go to %26quot;File,%26quot; select %26quot;Save As,%26quot; and at the drop-down menu that says %26quot;Save As Type,%26quot; I select GIF or whatever type I need; that usually fixes it for me, maybe it'll work for you.



You might also want to double-check any automatic settings that the Digital Image Suite you're using has on - perhaps it's %26quot;being helpful%26quot; and changing your images for you.
All of my pictures have been changed to JPEG format and I can't view them anymore, how do I change them back?
change the file extension from .jpg to whatever you want them to be, e.g. .bmp
You have to right click then press open and copy so then you can switch it
Well JPEG is probably the best because it takes up the least amount of space and you should be able to view them in paint. Try looking for them on your computer..then right click them and say you want to open with paint or whatever program you normally use. Then click Save As...and underneath where you type the name, you can save it as gif, bitmap or whatever you had it as before.
yes it would have been a ms product that did it!



yes you can change them back
Well, Maybe you should get a new picture program or have a perfessional come out and turn it to the way you want it. m=Mine are on .jpg and i can veiw them perfectly! Good luck!!!
You can't just change the extension - that would really screw things up. If you can't view a .jpg something is wrong - that is THE most common format. Email one to me and I will diagnose it for you.
What format were your pictures in before?



Changing the extension from .jpg to .bmp will NOT work, by the way.
the files themselves did not chage format. The program you installed may have changed the association properties. Each praphics program you install tries to associate itself with all the image files on your computer. To change this:



1) right click on one of the files you're trying to open.

2) Click %26quot;open with%26quot;

3) select windows picture and fax view

4. check the box at the bottom that says always use this program.
right click them and change the extension from jpg to one of the other photo extension like bmp,etc and see if it works
just rename
You can do this going to MS-DOS.There find the file and then change its extension to whatever you want.Your work is done .Welcome.
Open the picture, right click on top of it, a window will open, choose the feature that says %26quot;save as%26quot;, another window will open, there you can choose where on your hard drive you want to save it, rename it if you want to and on the second line you choose the extension (jpeg, mpeg...). Good luck!
drag the file (not opened image) to an open browser windows ADDRESS BAR. it should display it in your browser. then right click on it and save picture as...change the %26quot;save as file type%26quot; to whatever is available in the drop down selection.



If you open it in any photo program such as Microsoft Photo Editor or Paint, you should also be able to click %26quot;file/save as%26quot; from within there and save it as any file extension that is available through that program.