Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do I change the image format?

I need to change BMP images into JPG images without messing up the picture! (usually when I change my BMP format to JPG, the picture gets blocky and looks a lot different) Please help me!!
How do I change the image format?
You may want to download the gimp program for free (http://www.gimp.org) and open your .bmp image in it. Then select file%26gt;Save As... and change the extension where it says (yourfilename.bmp to yourfilename.jpg) (don't worry it will not overwrite your images) then hit save and a window will pop-up. Alter the slider to make the compression level as low as possible and hit %26quot;save%26quot;. This will convert it to .jpg format and will not decrease the quality at all or VERY little.



I do this often, it still makes the size smaller but doesn't destroy the picture.
How do I change the image format?
You download a image converter. Also, BMP is a very compressed and low-quality file type.
A jpeg is a compressed bmp, so of course it will look different the quality will be poorer. Sorry.