Wednesday 21 September 2011

Can you change bin pictures to jpeg format if so, HOW???

I took some really good pics on my cell phone. When I e mailed them to me they came out in bin format. Is there anyway to change these pics to jpeg. I can follow directions but know very little except basic computer skills. Any help is appreciated.
Can you change bin pictures to jpeg format if so, HOW???
BIN stands for binary,basically the building blocks of all digital systems like computers(0's and 1's) there are many types of binary files but as they don't have an exe(executable) tag they can't actually do anything,There is a Macintosh binary file which is similar to a Windows zip file type so that may be the sort of file you are referring to.

I wouldn't change any file extension unless you are sure what sort of file it is otherwise you are bound to cause problems.

Can't you download the photo's directly from your phone to your pc just as you do with a digital camera?

If all else fails consult your phones manual for tips about emailing photo's good luck anyway.
Can you change bin pictures to jpeg format if so, HOW???
If you can view the pictures on your computer, click the picture and choose %26quot;save as%26quot;. Select %26quot;jpg%26quot;.



If you cannot view the pictures, you will need instructions from someone who has a camera/phone (I don't have one), or you will have to resort to reading the cell phone manual. I suspect there is a setting on the phone menu that allows you to select the format of your pictures.
you need photoshop for that
click gently on the name of the file until you get it to highlight, use arrows to move your curser to the end of the line and change the end (extension) to .jpg from .bin
I'm not exactly sure what bin format is, but I know changing the file name will definitely not work. You could try looking around for programs which will convert picture files from one file type to another.