Friday 16 September 2011

How can i change the format of a picture, so my mobile phone can recognize it?

I'm taking pics from my laptop and transfering them to my tmobile g1 cellphone, but it doesnt recognize them.

reason why I want the pics on my phone, is that so I can send them via mms.

Thanks! Everyone
How can i change the format of a picture, so my mobile phone can recognize it?
If you have Office 2003 on your machine (or know someone who does), you can use MS Office Picture Manager. It has a compress feature that I've found to be good. (NOTE: the menu options mentioned below might be different if your operating system is Vista.)



1. Click on the Start button, then go to All Programs %26gt; Microsoft Office %26gt; Microsoft Office Tools %26gt; Microsoft Office Picture Manager.



2. When it opens, from the menu bar on the right, select %26quot;Add Picture Shortcut%26quot; and navigate to the drive, directory then folder where the pictures are stored. Click Add. If there are several pictures in a folder, it will display all of them (which is a bummer).



3. Select the picture of your choice, then click on the %26quot;Edit Pictures%26quot; button at top. A menu will appear on the right.



4. Under %26quot;Change picture size%26quot; choose %26quot;Compress pictures.%26quot;



5. Choose either %26quot;web pages%26quot; or %26quot;email message%26quot; to see what it will look like (you can always undo the change provided you haven't saved the file). The file size - original and modified - will be displayed under the %26quot;Estimated Total Size%26quot; at the bottom of that menu.



I do not know what the appropriate size is for the G1, so you might want to try both and save them under different names. Then you can upload them to your device to see which one views better.



Hope this helps!
How can i change the format of a picture, so my mobile phone can recognize it?
Open up the photo with Microsoft Paint then save it as the different file types and try those. Not sure what file types that phone will recognize. It should see .jpg's



You can also shrink the file size whith that program