Friday 16 September 2011

How do i change the format my pictures are saving as?

For some reason when I try to save a picture to my computer its now saving as a paint shop pro image instead of a regular image and I cant view it once I have it saved. It just recently started doing this two days ago. How do I get it to save as it was before?
How do i change the format my pictures are saving as?
You don't say what operating system you're using.....

In XP, open My Documents or My Pictures, click on Tools up in the Main Menu at the top, click on Folder Options then the File Types tab (give it a minute to fill), scroll down to jpg. It will tell you the program that opens jpgs. Click on %26quot;Change%26quot; then click on Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Now do this for gif and bmp files, too. OK your way back out.



If you have Vista, open Pictures and right click on one of the pictures you can't view - it should still have a file. Scroll down to Open With.... and click on Windows Photo Gallery. Unfortunately, in Vista you can't just set the program for all files with certain extentions but you have to make the change one photo at a time.
How do i change the format my pictures are saving as?
Are you trying to save pictures from the internet or pictures in your e-mail. Can you please post a link to one of the pictures you are trying to save on the internet. Also what kind of computer are you using. Usually you right click on a picture you are trying to save from the Internet and then click save picture as. This will give you the option to save either as a bitmap or a jpeg, sometimes as a gif.
Are you sure about the file type. or is PSP just the default application for opening images?

Either way, check the settings in PSP to see if it's the default app., and change all necessary configurations...probably in 'Preferences' or 'Settings' in the toolbar.