Friday 16 September 2011

How can i change my picture cds to a format that my computer can read?

Picture CD's are just CD's with JPEG (picture) files burned on them. This is the same file type that comes out of your digital camera.



Your computer should be able to read them.



Can you give more detail about what happens when your computer tries to read the Picture CD?
How can i change my picture cds to a format that my computer can read?
There really is no way to change the format on a disk to play its content so that your computer can read it. But you do have about three choices that I can think of:

1.Download quick time 7, just go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html and it will put you on a download page. Its a free program and it includes itunes and within those two media players Im almost possitive that it will solve your problem.



2. Go to a friens house and use one of their computers that have a burner and download your pics in the desk top in a new folder

(use that as your temporary file, you can always delete when you are done) Im preatty sure that most cd-r's programs will have an option in tools or in options on what format to burn. If you have windows then just choose to copy as a data disk. or mpeg or even wma formats because it will read all of those.



3. Click on %26quot;my computer%26quot; Icon and right click the drive that you will be inserting your picture disk, then go to properties, on the tabs

on the top of this window click on auto play, or play back, make sure that you go through the hole list and choose promp for my choice. It will give you an Idea what kind of media player your computer thinks is the best to use. when you find out make that your default media player and that would usually do the trick.



I still believe that my first choice of action is still the best one, plus I personally like both of those programs and use them constantly.

enjoy and let me know what happend.